While making a sculpture may seem like a task hard enough for an adult, let alone the child, it is actually much easier (and fun!) than you think!
What you’ll learn in this kids sculpture class:
– Classical art emerged from the “golden age” of Greek art, producing some of the world’s most famous works from Discobolus to the Venus de Milo.
– The aesthetic bar set by the Greeks during this peak era of art making will guide students through their own creative processes.
– Students will further develop their technical sculpting skills while simultaneously implementing their modern day twist into this classical style of art.
Age groups for these classes:
- 3-6 y.o.
- 7 – 11 y.o.
- 12 – 16 y.o.
- 1 – 5 sessions per month $69.00
- 5 – 15 sessions per month $59.00
- 15 – 30 sessions per month $49.00
Curator of the Sculpture Class
Windsor’s practice as a photographic artist is participatory and centers on making artistic photography.
She’s interested in human behavior, an exploration and observation of how people communicate and relate to each other and the places they live in. Her work is not specific to one time or place, projects become multi-layered, often happening in several countries. Creating a project she builds connections across communities, societies and cultures. Working closely with her subjects she explores the ways in which we represent ourselves. Projects also focuse on our sense of place, relationships, family and community. Central to her practice is the role that photography plays in daily life as a means of expression and representation. Recent commissions and residences have centered on interaction, communication, objects and journeys within cities.
Children in our program are growing in confidence and are less afraid to express themselves in our classes…